Workplace injuries come in many shapes and forms. Injury can be an acute traumatic situation such as a lifting injury, fall or accident with machinery.
Alternatively, pain may be related to the postural overload encountered by many sedentary workers or those performing repetitive tasks.
Whether your workplace injury is due to trauma, an accident or cumulative overload Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic has a variety of workplace injuries treatment and rehabilitation options for you.
Workplace Injuries Treatment
At Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic workplace injuries treatment includes:-
- Assessment of causative factors to prevent aggravation and injury recurrence.
- Hands-on treatment of joint mobilizations to address joint stiffness and pain.
- Massage, dry needling and other soft tissue techniques to address muscle tightness and soreness.
- Postural correction and task retraining to ensure correct performance of work tasks.
- Graded core stability, strength and endurance programmes to ensure adequate performance for work tasks.
It is often beneficial to conduct an assessment of the workplace to determine:-
- Factors which may have caused or will aggravate the injury.
- Safe timelines for return to work.
- Grading of work tasks to enable return, initially to less challenging tasks, followed by more taxing tasks further down the track.
- Prevention of further workplace injuries.
Return to Work Programmes and Suitable Duties Plans
At Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic, your workplace injuries physiotherapist will design a suitable duties programme based on your injury type and rehabilitation progress. Hours of work and tasks will commence at a level appropriate to your injury status with incremental increases over time to allow return to full duties.
For further information on our workplace injuries treatment,worksite assessments and return to work (RTW) programmes, or to make an appointment to see our workplace injuries physiotherapist, please call Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic on +61 7 3855 1367.
We Proudly Support
We sponsor and proudly support West Arana Hills Rugby League Football Club, Ferny Grove Falcons Junior AFL Club, Arana United Futsal Club and Ferny Grove Bowls, Sports and Community Club.