Many injuries will benefit from a gym or hydrotherapy programme. Strength, endurance and mobility gains can be made while participating in an enjoyable exercise routine.
At Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic your physiotherapist will design a programme specifically suited to your injury requirements and lifestyle needs.
Hydrotherapy can provide a comfortable exercise medium when equivalent land-based exercise is too painful to perform.
Hydrotherapy can be useful in treating:-
- Polymyalgia and Fibromyalgia
- Arthritis in its many forms
- Following surgery such as total hip and knee replacement and knee reconstruction
- Low back pain
- Lower limb injuries including knee ligament, joint and meniscal injuries.
- Pain relief
- Reduced swelling
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Earlier return to sport
- Improved ability with tasks of daily living.
Gym programmes can be used to target many different aspects of fitness. Your physiotherapist can design a programme to satisfy your particular fitness needs.
Gym programmes can be used to target:-
- Improved cardio-vascular (CV) fitness
- Enhanced core stability and balance
- Increased muscle bulk
- Increased muscular strength, power and endurance.
If you have some injury concerns, a standard gym programme will not suffice as the likelihood of worsening your pain is high. Consult the physiotherapists at Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports injury Clinic for a programme specifically designed to accommodate your injuries and improve your road to recovery on 3855 1367