The physiotherapists at Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic have a special interest in treating sports injuries. Our aim is to restore you to optimal health and return you to your chosen sport in the shortest possible time.
Common Sporting Injuries we Treat
Acute sporting injuries include:-
- Ankle sprains
- Knee joint and ligament injuries
- Shoulder injuries including dislocations
- Muscle strains and tears (hamstrings, calves and quads)
- Neck and back injuries
- Haematomas (muscle corks)
Longer term (chronic) injuries include:-
- Shin splints
- Achilles Tendonopathy
- Patellar Tendonosis
- Osgood Schlatters Disease
- Tennis and Golfers elbow.
Post-Operative Sports Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is essential following joint reconstructive surgeries such as ACL repair (knee reconstruction) and shoulder surgery following dislocation, as well as arthroscopic surgeries of the knee and hip (e.g. meniscal repair). A comprehensive, graded rehabilitation programme coupled with hands-on treatment and advice will ensure an optimum outcome from your surgery.
At Keperra Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic, we use a variety of techniques to ensure rapid return to sport following your injury or operation.
Our treatments include:-
- Joint mobilizations to restore motion and relieve pain
- Massage, stretches and soft tissue releases to restore flexibility
- Graduated exercise programmes to restore muscle strength, power and endurance
- Balance, co-ordination and sports specific drills to return to your chosen sport
- Screening to detect factors which predispose to injury. Addressing these factors will decrease the likelihood of recurrence.